The requalification project for the former Caproni factory complex involves both the repurposing of existing industrial buildings and the erection of new structures, to create a multifunctional complex that contains offices, boardrooms and showroom – atelier facilities. Since 1915, the area hosted the aeronautics firm of Caproni, whose historic industrial hangars with their characteristic shed roofs, are built in exposed brick. The hangar, the largest of the sheds, contains a multifunctional space of about 4000 sq meters; a new tower building for offices and boardrooms will be located in the centre of the lot, and will spread a built area of 5000 sq meters over 7 storeys.

© Andrea Martiradonna

 

SLIDE SHOW

  • Milan, Italy
  • 2012 – under construction
  • Client: Kering Italia S.p.A.
  • Built area: 30.000 sqm
    • Offices

Suggestions

Gucci

Richard Serra, 2006
Elevations, Repetitions

Gucci

Historical images of the sheds hangar Caproni

Gucci

Historical images of the sheds hangar Caproni

 

Gucci

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use the site you are agreeing to its use of cookies.