The headquarters of Dolce & Gabbana in Milan contains showrooms for the collections, offices, a restaurant and a series of image spaces, with an overall floor area of 10,000 square meters. Two volumes with six floors above ground and two basement levels face a pool that opens toward a garden of lavic stone. The entirely glazed facades feature an articulated composition of overhanging volumes in teak wood.
Interior design: architect Ferruccio Laviani
© Andrea Martiradonna
Alejandro Otero, 1956
Sketch for wall painting
Sketch of the facade
The project safeguards and optimizes the existing building, accentuating its most prized features while proposing new elegantly linear forms and refined natural materials like volcanic stone and wood.
The headquarters of Dolce&Gabbana are located in a former office building from the 1960s, characterized by a reinforced concrete bearing structure and a continuous glass façade.
The skylights on the ground floor mark out the entrance lobby, drawing the gaze toward the interior window.
The fifth floor is occupied entirely by boardrooms: the exterior space, two stories high and covered by a pergola crafted from teak, hosts a volcanic stone garden that serves as a scenic backdrop for the meeting rooms.